Monday, April 28, 2014

Sometimes you predict wrong

I thought that when the afternoon sun hit this house it would be stunning, so I sketched the architecture and painted the tree waiting for the  light to be just right  on the house.  The sun never  performed-- it only hit the corner of the house bouncing a little light onto the porch.  At that point, instead of the white house with its shadows being the star of the painting, it became a beautiful background to the magnificent old maple tree.  Sometimes you predict wrong, but get a wonderful outcome anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie – I love your artwork! I respond to the honesty and truth that you capture during your plein-air outings. I also am attracted to your impressionist’s palette. Best to you and your efforts!

    Kevin Reynolds
    www.reynoldsart.com

    ReplyDelete